Sunday 4 September 2016

Colour Challenge

One of the great things about being a Stampin' Up! demonstrator is that you get to be part of a bigger family of demonstrators. I am so luckily to be part of a group called Stampin' Twinklets; a group of local demonstrators.

Recently a colour challenge was set for the Stampin' Twinklets by one of the members and the colours were these;





Not exactly colours I normally work with but I thought why not give it a go as I love any opportunity to craft.

So I came up with this;



I actually love it!  The flower and leaves are from the Botanical Builder Framelits set; an amazing set! and the dots are from the Polka Dot embossing folder.  I often forget about my embossing folders and was really pleased that I remembered that I had this one as I think it makes a lovely background.

A bit of gold thread to finish it off and there it is!

I purposefully left it without a sentiment as I decided that I liked it as it was.

Oh, in case you're wondering the colours I used were Early Espresso and Delightful Djion; glad I didn't have to use them all!  The background is Very Vanilla; one of my favourite colours at the moment and within the rules in case you were wondering.

Hope you like the simplicity of the card like I do and Happy Crafting!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment